Friday, June 4, 2010

This week's picks!

I had another "aha" moment at Watsons last week with the discovery of Himalaya Herbals, a skin care line of natural and Ayurvedic herbs carefully selected from the foothills of the Himalayas. In search of a mud-mask that's best for my oily to combination skin, I came across this neem & turmeric face pack that clears skin and prevents the recurrence of pimples. Neem is a popular anti-bacterial and turmeric (part of the ginger family) is a known healer which eliminates bacteria that causes acne combined with Fuller's earth that soothes the skin.


NEEM FACE PACK
(available at Watsons)





Make Up Forever HD Microfinish is a totally translucent loose powder disappears on the skin, leaving no trace, keeps skin matte and will NOT affect the color of your foundation. I think I've found the perfect loose powder to use on myself and on clients!


MAKE UP FOREVER HD MICROFINISH POWDER
(available at Make Up Forever)





I like cleansers that foam. I particularly like the ones that come in bottles that look like this because I'm quite lazy, and enjoy the fact that instant foam comes out of the dispenser. Herbal Himalayas Neem Foaming Face Wash is a soap-free daily facial wash that deep-cleans without stripping the skin off it's natural moisture but at the same time wards of the recurrence of blemishes. I use this on my chest and back as well to jump start any shower routine.



HERBAL HIMALAYAS NEEM FOAMING FACE WASH
(available at Watsons)




I've been looking for a facial scrub that's gentle enough for everyday use because I wear makeup almost everyday. Some times it isn't enough that you have a makeup remover. Everyday makeup wearers have more build-up on the skin which leads to a complexion that lacks glow and youthfulness. For those with normal to dry complexions, try Aveeno Positively Ageless Daily Exfoliating Cleanser. Have a go at your elbows, hands, feet and neck to visibly reduce the signs of aging.



AVEENO POSITIVELY AGELESS DAILY EXFOLIATING CLEANSER
(available at First Aid)