Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flavah of the Week: YOGURT

I was making a mad dash in the shower earlier today and I noticed that 3 out of the 4 products I own all have Yogurt as an active ingredient. I've been leaning towards natural ingredients lately so it's no coincidence that I would hoard a few items containing the same thing. Never mind that I usually enjoy it with organic honey, consumed orally, of course. Packed with zinc, calcium, vitamins B1, riboflavin-B2, pantothenic acid-B5, B-6, B-12, protein, yeast, potassium, lactobacillus acidophilus, benefiting us both inside and out. Yogurt adds enzymes and oils to the skin, working as a natural moisturizer. Frequent use may reduce pore size, improves skin's over-all texture, clears acne, reduces inflammation and rids scalp of flakes and dandruff. Its anti-fungal and antibacterial qualities are useful in cleansing and unblocking clogged pores, softens skin, reduces wrinkles and hydrates dry areas resulting in glowing skin and healthy hair. Below are my favorite products with yogurt as active ingredients.

L-R: Davines Well-Being Muesli & Yogurt shampoo and conditioner (used everyday, it is my tried and tested sure win hair care routine), Schwarzkopf Yoghurt & Coconut shampoo & conditioner (for super soft and shiny hair), Yogurt Spa milk salts for the body (use this everyday in place of body wash, paying special attention to arm pits, elbows, knees, feet to alleviate dryness and lighten dark spots)

I came across these yogurt skin care packs at Skin Food. I actually thought they were edible, so no matter how tempting, kindly refrain from grabbing a spoon and ingesting orally. Needless to say, keep them away from kids or out of reach when you store them in your refrigerator. Grapefruit for renewed skin, pineapple to reduce redness and inflammation, kiwi & grape for immune-boosting anti-aging, strawberry to reduce oiliness, peach for smoother, even skin texture.


My yogurt wish list includes this luxurious yogurt cream moisturizer by Givenchy and a strawberry yogurt face mask by Laniege. Both items are quite hard to find, I believe you'll have better luck finding these in Japan and Korea.