Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just pack it! (Part 2-right before the trip)

Forget the boring flesh tones or french tips. Nothing complements a tan better than punchy-fruity nail color. Take your cue from the colors below, and remember - the more neon, the more tan your skin will appear to be. Get your nails done a day before the trip and keep them looking fresh by rubbing a bit of dry oil/baby oil to alleviate dry skin caused by prolonged exposure to flip-flops, sun & sand.
NOTE: IT'S QUITE TACKY TO MATCH YOUR FINGER TIPS WITH YOUR TOES. SO PLEASE BEAR IN MIND TO HAVE A DIFFERENT SHADE FOR EACH!

Sephora usually sells value sets. Check out this season's Limited edition nail set by OPI. These make me wanna run to the store and buy skittles for some reason. Yummy!



Essie also makes them in a similar range. A little bit more upscale, these guys are experts in the nail care biz. That neon purple has my name on it!

I'm starting to wonder if there's some secret society or conspiracy between cosmetics companies. Look at the pattern here: 3 brands, 3 similar color choices, and we're only talking about nails. Chanel names theirs after Los Angeles hot spots, a city where the sun shines all year round. I have my eyes set on that LA Sunrise, a very matte yellow which doesn't leave you looking jaundiced!



Right now, my toe nails are painted bright pink by Face Shop. It's the one right smack in the middle. I was quite surprised to find a full range of colors in the store. We're talking all colors of the rainbow. I'm still deciding on a bright orange or a yellow for right before my coming surf trip.